1. The social sector needs to adopt some private sector rigour and best practices
Did you mean things like reasonable pay and working coffee machines? No? You meant more trackers and review meetings. Definitely the first time anyone’s had that idea!
2. Are we really moving the needle?
Well it’s been 45 minutes since this meeting was scheduled to end, leaving no time to do any actual work so at least we’re moving the needle towards quitting time.
3. Collaboration is critical for success
But only if our funders make us. And we get all the credit.
4. Working with the government is core to what we do
60% of the advocacy team’s bodies now consists of sweet milky tea.
5. *Generic joke about people sleeping in the session after lunch*
Haha joke’s on you. I was asleep earlier as we… *snore*
6. The focus should always be on the child/community/rare fish species that is only found in the lake behind our founders house.
You know except when the funders are around. Then always focus on the funders.
7. I’ll keep it short/I won’t take too much time.
8. We have an extremely lean team
Not literally because that joke would have been too easy.