We believe in the free flow of information and therefore publish under a Creative Commons —Attribution/No derivatives license. This means you can republish our articles online or in print for free, provided you follow these guidelines:
For print and online
- You can’t edit our material, except to reflect relative changes in time, or editorial style, for instance use of British or American spelling. If you do wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the author for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted through IDR; just email@example.com.
- You have to credit authors and their institutions, ideally in the byline.
- You have to credit India Development Review and include a link back to our home page and the article URL . You can use this language – “This article was originally published on India Development Review and can be viewed here.” (The word ‘here’ must be hyperlinked to the article). Our preference is a credit at the top of the article.
- You can’t sell our material separately, but it’s OK to put our articles on pages with ads.
- You must use charts and graphs as they appear in the article; these cannot be edited as doing so risks altering what they are meant to convey.
- When republishing images, you have to give the right photo credit. You are welcome to omit our images or substitute with your own.
- You can’t systematically republish all of our articles, nor frame the content of our site.
- Extracts: you can run the first few lines or paragraphs of the article and then say: “Read the full article on India Development Review” with a link back to the article.
- Quotes: you can quote authors provided you include a link back to the article URL. If using quotes in print publications, you must attribute them to the author, include the article title and publish date, and mention India Development Review. Eg. ‘Philanthropy is growing: fact or fiction?’ by Smarinita Shetty, published on February 28, 2019 on India Development Review (www.idronline.org)
- Edits: if you wish to make material edits, you will need to run them by the author for approval prior to publication. Authors can be contacted through IDR; just firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signed consent/copyright release forms: are not required, providing you are following these guidelines.
- Print: articles can be published in print under these same rules, with the exception that you do not need to include the links. We would appreciate it if you would send an image of the republished article to email@example.com so that we can share it with the author.