Seven things you didn’t know about #GivingTuesday
1. In 2012, #GivingTuesday was one of the first hashtag movements to go viral globally.
2. In 2018, ~400 million was raised online in the United States in 24 hours. This generated a net-increase in overall funds directed to the sector.
3. Most people who participate in #GivingTuesday, choose to do so in more than one way. While donating money is the most common form of participation, people usually do something in addition to contributing monetarily.
4. Donors from more than 50 countries donated to nonprofits in India during #GivingTuesdayIndia 2018.
5. #GivingTuesdayIndia raised INR 9 crore through online donations in 2018. This was a 7x increase from the previous year.
6. The youngest known participant in #GivingTuesdayIndia 2018 was three years old.
7. One of the most active campaigners for #GivingTuesdayIndia 2019 is a rickshaw driver working in Goregaon, Mumbai.
And five ways you can participate in #GivingTuesdayIndia
1. Millions are still affected by floods in Bihar and other states. Contribute as little as one rupee to help people hit by floods.
4. Participate in an event near you—on the ground or offline
5. Looking for some inspiration for a random act of kindness—watch this video