1 a) What it feels like to review 200 proposals for funding
1 b) What nonprofits think it feels like
2 a) What you say to the nonprofit after the 7th delay in submitting its annual report
2 b) What you really want to say
3) The annual ‘strategy exercise’ where the head of the agency wants to know how much impact your grants have created
4) The only story you will ever need to tell at fundraising conferences.
5) The most common reply from nonprofits to your question, “Do you have any other funders?”
6) The most common reply from government officials to your question, “Can we work together?”
7) When you hire consultants to help create impact
8) What it feels like when all the funders in your sector chase that one high-profile nonprofit
9) When the aforementioned nonprofit tells you it is going to do the Next. Big. Innovative. Thing.