Not long ago, we had a chance to interview development feminist activist, poet, author, and social scientist, Kamla Bhasin—and while it was every bit as insightful and inspiring as we had imagined, it was also a lot of fun.
We’ve never seen someone break down activism, feminism, and patriarchy in a way that is both serious and funny at the same time. Here are some of our favourite snippets from the conversation.
1. On listening to the communities you work with | 1 min
2. On the importance of being a part of the larger movement | 30 secs
3. On feminism | 1.5 mins
4. On why popular notions of beauty don’t help anyone | 45 secs
5. On Bollywood lyrics | 1 min
6. On gender as perspective, not a subject | 45 secs
7. On the T.I.N.A. syndrome | 1 min
8. On starting to create change in our homes | 1 min
9. On dismantling the patriarchy | 30 secs
If you’d like to know more about our conversation, you can read it here.